Temporary greetings are used during the holidays or vacation
periods, which last
only a few days or weeks. A temporary greeting overrides both the open and closed
greetings. An example of a temporary greeting is given below.
"Happy Holidays from all of us at the Widget Company. We are closed from Friday,
December 23 until Monday, January 2. To leave a message, enter the number of
the person you wish to reach or press 9 for the directory."
You are first prompted for the number of days, between 01 and 99, that the
greeting should play. After that, follow the same sequence as the open and closed
greetings: record the greeting, then select from the available options. To cancel an
existing temporary greeting, enter 00 for the number of days.
To set temporary greetings for a primary or alternate greeting set:
1. Log in to the administration mail box. (Usually 999 or 9999) +(password)
2. Press  for System Greetings.
3. Press  for Primary Greeting
4. Press 
to create a temporary greeting.
5. Enter the number of days for the greeting to play: [nn]
6. Enter a 2-digit number between 01 and 99. If you enter 00, the greeting is canceled.
7. If prompted, press  to assign greetings in the default system language or  for the
found this article useful please